Friday, July 10, 2009

I do realize that I am quickly falling out of the running for any kind of blogger-of-the year awards..or blogger-of-the-day for that matter :) I had not anticipated that my time and resources would be so stretched. I have found that I would much rather be hanging out with my husband in my spare time then sitting at my computer. We are a family of 5. We are loving it. It is hard. And it is wonderful. Rather than compose a long drawn out post, here are some snippets of our days of late:

According to Juliana, I am really good at doing a duck voice. Not just the quack, quack part, but like when a duck would be saying words. I love that in my house this is my fame!

As we speak I am trying to figure out how to collect a stool sample from a very mobile, 2 year old. I am thinking rubber pants (the kind that go over the old cloth diapers) and nothin' else. Anyone need some entertainment this afternoon? Come on over.

Levi is ever so quietly sneaking his way into a momma's heart. Adoption is so very unique. I loved Levi from the second we saw his picture...but truth be told, he didn't feel like ours after we brought him home. This is so very normal in adoption, but I didn't realize it would be so hard on my heart. Yesterday and today have brought moments where I forgot the whole journey to Ethiopia and he was just "ours" and he was "Levi" who has become the youngest of the Merrihews.

Evan has pretended to be Michael Jordan a lot the past few days. He runs around either throwing a toddler size basketball accross the room or pushing the ball in a stroller.

Juliana started swim lessons this week. She is braver than I would have been at that age. Another reminder that she is gifted uniquely by the God who made her.

...and the kids are up from nap so I will return later :)

No comments: