Saturday, March 8, 2008

Yikes!

On our date night last night Craig and I were talking about how fun it will be to travel to go pick up our child. I am fully confidant that the only reason I would be brave enough to travel to Africa would be for this reason. I so admire people that are totally comfortable going to foreign countries. I wish I was brave like that! It is not that I don't appreciate different places and cultures, I just feel like I wouldn't know what to do in a foreign country so I would just stand there and hope that I didn't get hungry. I so look forward to traveling because it will be a new opportunity to be totally depending on my trust in the Lord :) The agency provides a guide that will be with us most of the time (except for in the hotel) so we will surely not go hungry or homeless. Maybe my feelings about international travel will change after our trip! Just for fun I looked online at airfare information from Omaha to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It looks as though it will take about 3 flights over 24 hours time to get us there with the longest flight being 8-10 hours. The "Yikes!" came in when I realized that the tickets for the both of us will be around $5,000 - $6,000 dollars. That is double what we thought it was! My fervency for prayer for financial provision has gotten a boost!

No comments: