Thursday, September 4, 2008

Twenty five



The Holt office in Eugene notified us today that we are #25 on the list to receive a referral of a child. It is nice to know where we are at in the wait, though it is already a battle not to dwell on this seemingly oh, so important number. Though my brain keeps trying, it is nearly impossible to pin down wait times based on this bit of information. I looked back and some months there were no referrals and some months there were 6 referrals. It also depends on whether the parents in front of us specified one gender or another, which could bump us up on the list say if they specified boys and the care center kept getting girls. This is honestly the first time I am battling my thoughts as far as waiting has gone. Hmmm...I just had to ask about the numbers, didn't I? :) Well, we continue reading books, going to the park, and practicing the letter A until further notice when we can plan a trip to Ethiopia!

Twenty five.

The Lord is working His sovereign will so that the precious little twenty fifth child from today to be given parents will be given us as a mommy and daddy. This little one is already chosen for us and his or her days have been written by the author of life so that there will be no surprises for the Lord. He knows that they will be fatherless for a time. "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling." Psalm 68:5 Thank you that our care is but a shadow of the love you have for your children...as our love is tainted by sin and yours is perfect in holiness. Thank you that when this child is without a worldly mother and father to care for them, you will be with them. I trust you to take care of our child. Thank you Lord for restoring a family to this precious little one. Even now, be preparing Craig and I to be parents to this child. I know that there will be challenges unique to raising an adopted child. Some I have been told to expect and surely others that we will not be expecting. I know that Christ is sufficient and that we have been called to this good work. Following the example of a brother in Christ, Jim Elliot, help us to "be all here" and be "living to the hilt" this time of waiting to the glory of God!

1 comment:

andrea said...

Happy "25"! His mercies are new every morning! Great is His faithfulness! :o)