So, I am loving not being prego while still knowing that we will get a new baby soon. Essentially right now, in the timeline of waiting for our new child, I would be well into prego-world getting sick to my stomach daily. Oh, the glories of adoption! When I am pregnant I do NOT sleep well. It is crazy strange b/c I am tired, but rarely can fall asleep before 2 am. This has been the same for both Juliana and Evan's pregnancies, so I assume it is just the way it is for me. I am still sleeping well. Oh, the glories of adoption! Bear with me, for the sake of posterity I wanted to remember some specific funny things about each of my kids pregnancies b/c I have always meant to write them down but never have.
Juliana: Everything was wonderfully fun b/c I didn't have any other kiddos to take care of. Even the sleeplessness was amusing to me. I craved fruit and chicken patties (the frozen kind). I remember Craig having to listen to me rave about my breakfast cereal as it had NEVER tasted so good. One time for a snack I ate an entire can of corn and it was delicious. I got sick every morning for about 15 weeks but always felt better after 10 am or so. I remember my nose being stuffy (a prego thing) and having a lot more drool than normal. No kidding! I had totally forgotten about this until a friend mentioned recently that she has the same thing. Ha ha! Juliana's little rear end would always be pushing out one side or the other of my belly. The picture above is from the day before I went into the hospital for Juliana to be born. Yeah, I'd like to say it is from the day before she was born, but I was in labor with her for over 20 hours. No hard feelings.
Evan: Everything was not so wonderfully fun b/c I had my sweet little Juliana to take care of. Don't get me wrong, I was crazy excited to be prego, but oh man is it harder when you have another to chase around. The sleeplessness was the same, but not amusing this time. Along with being sick to my stomach in the mornings, evenings were added into the mix. With Evan I craved ice cream and sweet stuff big time! Evan must have had some mad soccer skills in my belly b/c he would kick so hard and quick that it would make me jump in my seat. I played with his little feet alot b/c they were always sticking around out in the front of my belly. When Evan was born his nose was crooked for two weeks. He must have been smooshed in their pretty tightly. Ha!
The Lord is writing a story unique to Merrihew #3 and we eagerly await to hear more about this new little one! Though being prego is definitely something I have been thankful for and hope to be again someday, there is definitely a glory to adoption which I am thoroughly enjoying right now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment