Our final set of fingerprints have been taken! On Monday we traveled to the Department of Homeland Security building to find the USCIS (US Center for Immigration Services) office. So, I have to give Craig a hard time b/c he tried to go through security with his pocket knife. Good one, honey (heh heh!) He rarely uses it and completely forgot that it was in his pocket. He had to take it all the way back to the car outside and then had to stuff it behind the gas tank cover b/c the car was locked and his keys were in the little basket by the metal detector. I'm sure that looked great - messing with the gas tank of a car in front of a Dept. of Homeland Security building. Evan made it through security in no time and we found the office we needed and started filling out some paperwork. Once we were both done, I asked Craig to switch me so we could double check our answers. The laugh was on me then as I had accidentally put the wrong phone number down and marked that I have gray hair. oops. Good thing we double checked. The whole process was painless and relatively quick. I hope to encourage those that are thinking about adoption that though there are innumerable hoops to jump through, everything so far has been very do-able. The key is to just keep plugging away and the little stuff. I can't believe we have already been waiting over a month - Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment