Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A place of prayer

The Lord has me in a place where I feel most uncomfortable right now...though it should be the most peaceful place to be. I am surrounded by situations that are heavy on my heart (some more serious than others) where I am left with nothing to do but pray for the Lord to be working in them. Financial provision for the adoption, a broken relationship, salvation for specific unbelievers around me, starting a church in community where few care about the glory of the Lord and seeing Christ exalted...and do i take the crazy plunge of trying cloth diapers? (not the old-fashioned ones, but the so-called new and improved g-diapers/bumgenius/fuzzibuns kind). Like I said, some issues more heavy on my heart than others :) In almost all situations, I feel like I have done and/or said what needs to be done or said and I am left to wait on the Lord for wisdom and my next steps.

"But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in your hand...Blessed be the Lord, for He has wondrously shown His steadfast love to me when I was in a besieged city. I had said in my alarm, 'I am cut off from your sight. But you heard the voice of my please for mercy when I cried for help....Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" Psalm 31:14-15, 21-22

1 comment:

andrea said...

Erin, the place of waiting, trusting and depending. Talk often to yourself concerning what is true and let your feelings follow what you know is true. This is His good work and He is faithful to complete it. No worries...just sweet, simple child-like dependence.

Habakkuk 3:18,19
Yet I will exult in the LORD,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.

The LORD GOD is my strength,
And He has made my feet like hinds' feet,
And makes me walk on my high places.