Stewardship. I never would have made that connection myself, though it is so true.
Yesterday in the mail we recieved a confirmation letter from Shaohannah's Hope that they have our application. It looks like it could take 3 months to hear back from them. They are able to provide grants that average $3,000 for about 35% of those that apply. Because they aren't able to help everyone, they also sent a booklet full of adoption advice, fundraising ideas, and encouragement that has been great to read! One of the points that immediately jumped out at me was that adoption is about stewardship. Not of just our money, but also of our possesions and of our children.
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Rom 11:36
Never before have I looked at my furniture and other possessions with the thought of, "Do I REALLY need __fill in the blank___? If I keep it, how can I use _ fill in the blank ___ to glorify the Lord in this process?" I had rarely sought to downsize my possessions, instead I would simply gain more. The task of coming up with $14,000 in one years time has forced us to downsize considerably and has caused me to constantly, sometimes amusingly, try to figure out how I can get rid of, replace, or justify keeping something as we labor to be faithful and obedient in paying for the adoption. "Can getting a bathtub wait another year or two?" (we only have a shower) "Do I really NEED two red sweatshirts?" "What would life be like without our dining room table?" (ha ha!) It is funny to think about getting rid of what our society thinks are "needs", but if called to, I would give every material possession I had to get to this child without a hesitation. All this to say, that through this process something unexpected has happened - an unexpected blessing! The Lord has gently begun to pry my hands off of the "treasures" the world has to offer and has graciously begun placing into them the kind of treasures that do not rust or fade.
"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." 1 Tim 6:17-19
変態熟女倶楽部鳥取近所出逢いGPS|アナルプレー
6 years ago
1 comment:
What a wonderful and thoughtful post. GOD bless!
Post a Comment