Tuesday, August 12, 2008

unique "blandness"

As we wait on the adoption homefront - already over 2 weeks down! - we continue on with life as usual. I have shared this with a few friends because it gave me a laugh when I came across it, but thought I would blog about it too. I was reading a short excerpt that was meant to encourage us stay-at-home moms and it described day to day activities in stay-at-home mommyhood as loving the "unique blandness" that is our family. I LOVE that. It so describes what I picture others would think about our daily doings: laundry, cooking, grocery runs, coloring, reading the SAME story AGAIN, etc. Repeat tomorrow, and the next day and the next... Sounds pretty bland, huh? Oh, but how I love it! My blandness is unlike anyone elses blandness for sure. Just today we experienced the joys of having toast with our cereal - you would have thought Juliana was given a check for a million dollars! We were able to walk to the bank where Craig works to see a butterfly that had hatched out of a cocoon (thanks Sherri for the heads up). We took Craig a box of candy that Juliana excitedly picked out yesterday at the grocery store to especially to bless her daddy. We have a friend who is sick today so we put together a package of color pages and little books so that she would have something to do while she rested. All this Titus 2 says is done NOT because I think it is better for my kids, not because Craig wants me to (he does), but because by loving my husband and children and serving at home joyfully I adorn the doctrine of God - the gospel! We all are given the incredible job of adorning the gospel, or making the gospel look even more beautiful. What an important job! Don't get me wrong, I am FAR from perfect. I never make it through even the morning without sinning against my kids or husband by being impatient, angry or just plain selfish among other things. Okay, so truthfully, I rarely make it out of bed without doing one or all of these, but let us even more grab hold of the grace that continually sustains our justification in Christ, proclaim the truth of the gospel and press on diligently to daily live below the cross.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a great way to think of our ministries as moms. GOD bless!