Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thankful for democracy


This picture cracked me up and I just had to post it somehow. It has nothing to do with adoption whatsoever. We went this morning to take advantage of my voting priveledges. It went well until we were heading out the door and Juliana was on the verge of tears saying, "But mommy, where is the new king? We didn't see him yet!" The little old ladies didn't seem as amused as I was. I love that Juliana talks so well for her age, however, it makes it a challenge when we come across something that her little 3 year old brain can't quite comprehend. In an effort to explain the election to her we likened it to choosing a king that will lead us. So, it made complete sense to her that after mommy chose who she wanted that we would get to see him. Sorry sweetie, not today. I am so often reminded by her how Jesus says we are to have faith like a little child.
  • Believing that we WILL someday see the things we can only read about now - and living that way.

  • Rejoicing wholeheartedly (with loud hoorays and dancing!) in things unseen.

  • Trusting completely what her momma and daddy tell her.
I can learn a lot from my kids for sure.

No comments: