Saturday, November 29, 2008

Car ride highlights

I have no idea how these kids stayed awake so much on this three day Thanksgiving extravaganza. If they have 3 hours less sleep a night than usual, times 2 days, shouldn't that equal more than an hour long nap in the car. For some reason, the math just didn't add up in our(the parent's) favor :) The Lord was gracious to a tired momma and daddy to give us some great laughs on the way home tonight. I know there are more, but my tired brain can only remember a few right now.

Juliana: Daddy you are Tigger, Momma you are Piglet, I am Roo, and Evan is Lumpy.

Me: Did you say that Evan is Lumpy.

Juliana: Yeah, Evan is Lumpy.

Me: (in the most serious voice i could muster) Who is Lumpy?

Juliana: Oh, he is Roo's favorite friend. (turning to Evan) Lumpy, you are my favorite friend!

Recently I found an old "Hits of the 50's" cassette tape that I used to totally jam to in elementary school. I remembered it as I heard the kids' favorite music tape rewinding for like the 67th time. I put it on and told Juliana to get ready for some fun music. Craig and I were so busy jamming away to La bamba (cheesy, i know) we didn't notice Juliana doing her own little dance behind us. She had her pointer fingers up deep in bebopping mode and was doing a pretty good job keeping up with the "lalalablablablabambas". I love those time when we are all just caught up in enjoying one another and it is just pure FUN!

No comments: