Craig and I were out on our usual every other week date-night at a local restaurant this evening when we ran into a couple from here in McCook that has adopted a boy from Korea through Holt. I blogged about this couple pretty early in our adoption process. This is the family we met when we had an electrician (the husband) come work on the house way back at the beginning of the year. So we caught them up on where things are at these days with the adoption and they had the craziest news to tell us. She (the wife) was shopping in walmart the other day and happened to see a family there with 5 kids, 3 of them were obviously Asian and the parents were obviously not, so being an adoptive mom herself she went over to ask if the kids were from Korea. They were actually from China, but in addition to the three Chinese children the couple also has two Ethiopian children who have just been brought home 1 week ago. They are 6 and 7 years old and don't know a word of English apparently. And this family lives only 30 minutes away from us!!!! Think about it...from Ethiopia to south-western Nebraska. What are the odds!!! We don't know their names, but the town they live in is so small that I am confident with a little footwork I will easily be able to find them. Tonight I feel like I have been given a glimpse of how the Lord is working in all areas of this adoption. There are so many things He is doing now that I can't see. There is immeasurable comfort in knowing that before we know what we need, the Lord in His sovereignty is already beginning to set the stage to provide for those needs. I am excited for our little child to have some connection to his or her home country so very close at hand - I NEVER imagined that would happen, well, certainly not so soon anyway. I pray that our families will get connected somehow and that we will be an encouragement to one another. Whoa, this is REALLY crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment