Thursday, May 8, 2008

Victory!

I spent about 20 minutes on the phone yesterday with both Omaha and Oregon Holt offices verifying the whole police clearance letter issue. They were very helpful in assuring me that it was completely legal for the station to issue me such a letter and also providing me a sample letter that I could take right into the police station. I said a prayer that my words would be firm, but grace-filled as we sat in the parking lot this morning. After checking with the chief, the lady in the front office said that they would be able to write us a statement and mail it to us!!! Yay!!! I was surprised at my level of frustration and anger at the whole situation. It seems that this little baby is so much becoming a part of the family even now that I already have a pretty fierce "momma bear" instinct for him or her. You know, that instinct that is ready to fight if anyone stands in the way of us getting to our new little merrihew. Not that it is good to be fighting the police right in the middle of the police station, mind you. But what a good reminder this morning that the love we have for our children (or soon-to-be children) is merely a shadow of the love Christ has for us. Our sin stood between us and a Holy God and He came for us doing for us what we could not do. He fought for us to the point of being willing to bear our shame and sin and being obedient to the point of death on a cross...all that we might be adopted into His family, sons and daughters of a Holy God!

No comments: