Monday, April 27, 2009

Reminded afresh

This weekend I am reminded afresh at what grace really is. On Friday night I heard that some friends of ours were having a yard sale the next morning, so I went over early Saturday morning to help set stuff out. In the course of conversation I realized what actually was going on. They were having a moving sale, but they were giving us ALL the profits for the adoption. And this was no small yard sale, mind you.

I hesitate to say this because I, in no way, want to endorse a prosperity gospel (the prosperity gospel says that the Lord wants to "bless" Christians with nice homes, cars, health, and wealth) but I desperately do not want to forget this road to Levi and I will do my best to explain my thoughts so it is clear what I AM trying to say. I am truly blown away by the generosity that we are being shown from the body of Christ as of late and it has been so incredibly encouraging as we prepare to meet our new son. After this last week I have been in a sweet place of just feeling the Lord's pleasure in this adoption. A sweet place of rest. It has been 16 months (so far) of working and waiting that, most days, is heavy on our hearts. It is everything out of our comfort zone of "normal daily life" - a roller coaster of emotions. It means going without many things that the world esteems. It means doing lots of work that no one else has to do because they are not on the same road as you. It means often having to explain yourself and sometimes defend the road you have chosen knowing that others most likely don't understand your passion because they do not feel the same call in their lives. Please understand, I am not grumbling, but feel incredibly blessed to be in the front row...no, up on stage as the Lord unfolds this story. I am watching the Lord be a father to Levi by providing financially for this adoption. Amazing.

2 comments:

Kati said...

My cousin Jenni posted this on her blog today and for some reason it made me think of you so I wanted to share it with you,

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Levi is a very lucky boy to have you all as his family!

Becky Ryder said...

Good word! Its amazing how God gives us the ability to do a task others thought impossible. He'll provide where He calls!