It was my turn to go to the clinic this week for the first part of my health check - the TB test and HIV test. I swear that tiny needle for the TB test hurts way worse than the blood draw! This week was also spent making phone calls and reviewing where we had left off on paperwork last. We have one question left on our super-mega-personal questionnaire that asks about community resources that are available to help support us in the adoption. I need to make some more phone calls to see if there are any support group type meetings in the area or other resources that I haven't found yet. Thankfully the Lord has surrounded us with two families that we know well who have adopted multiple children. I honestly can't think of a better resource than them :) I scheduled us for our first round of classes required by Holt. I will write more later about what they will be covering in those classes. We will travel to Omaha to attend them in mid-March. Also, I called the State Patrol in North Platte regarding getting fingerprinted for (i think) the background checks. Please keep our health in your prayers as we are still battling some of those pesky "we don't know what to call you" bugs. It feels good to start moving ahead again, albeit slowly. How sweet it is to know that the Lord's timing is perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment