Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hazardous to her health?

For the past two days for breakfast, Juliana has eaten an entire bowl (1/2 cup) of oatmeal mix...dry. She does this with cereal on a pretty regular basis, but never with oatmeal. When she started off I thought for sure she would take two bites and then gladly let me pour hot water and then milk in her bowl (I make an instant mix that we use...apparently it is so good that you don't need water, ha ha!). But, believe it or not, she held out through the whole bowl and even said that it was yummy. The whole time she politely refused my offers of water and milk at least every few minutes. It is a little painful for me to watch, assuming that her mouth would get crazy dry, however she doesn't appear to be in any kind of discomfort. She has a small glass of milk or juice with it. Hmmm...so far she seems to be digesting well and has actually been quite a delight to be around the past few days! Just wondering if anyone has had any experience digesting large quantities of dry instant oatmeal - HA! These little crumb-crunchers always keep me on my toes :)

I so wanted to post this and it didn't take me long to figure out how to bring it all back to Ethiopian adoption. Unfortunately for you this is all the time I have to blog tonight and I will fill you in on the connection in my next post!

No comments: