After brainstorming together and bouncing a few ideas off of some friends Craig and I have decided on a few fundraising ideas. Since it is the season, we thought we would kick our fundraising off with a good old fashioned garage sale. This is not just any old garage sale...this is one where ALL proceeds go to the adoption AND we do all YOUR work! We are asking people to kindly give us their unwanted and no longer used stuff so that we might turn it into funds for the adoption. Just drop it off at our home and go relax in your easy chair, folks! I know that potentially this could be just a regular size garage sale or I pray that it would get really big! No matter what it will be a crazy amount of work, but so worth it. We are planning for mid-May and will be picking a specific weekend soon. For those of you reading this who would want to contribute, you have some time to start your spring cleaning and fill up some boxes for us :) Since starting to go through our boxes from the move we literally have one bedroom full of stuff collected for a sale - you can't see the floor. Our guidelines are if we haven't needed/used it in the last year and don't have immediate plans for it, it goes in the pile. If anyone has any great fundraising ideas we would be glad to hear them...i am guessing that we won't net $20,000 from the sale, but I suppose if the Lord would be pleased to do that He could!
3 comments:
We'll start bringin' our stuff over - are you SURE, though? 'Cause we, also, have TONS of junk, er, other people's treasures. ;o)
Have y'all thought about the possibility of having the sale at the church IF you get too much stuff to put in your own yard? Just an idea!
yay! I hope it goes well!
Yeah, serious...bring us your "treasures!" It will give us more time to sort and price things if we have it sooner :) I was hoping we would have the option of moving it to the church if needed :) If you think of a good way to get the word out other than by mouth let me know.
Post a Comment