Milk. When I see it I think adoption. Why you ask? Because it is always a joy when I buy a new gallon of milk to see the date on the milk and know that the days are passing by until we get to meet our little one! Our library books have the same effect too. Yeah, pretty cheesy but it makes me happy :)
I had a rough day or so this last week. In tears over this wait. I have not lost hope, but it is hard when this baby already has a place in our family. Many days we talk about our new baby with our kids. I wonder what they think about the whole thing. We have talked about this baby for a year. If I were them how quickly I would just reply in impatience..."when will you stop talking and go get them already?" or "They're never really coming are they?" I guess that is yet another reason why we are told to have faith like a little child. Instead of a spirit of questioning and distrust, ,Juliana simply gets excited when we talk about the new baby - she often literally bounces around telling me what it will be like, what the new baby and Evan will do and how she will cuddle with the new baby in her bed. Every day, multiple times a day I pray for this little one. This is the first time I have been sad and it took me totally by surprise. That is why it was such a great surprise to see that on Christmas day our little day counter on the right side of the blog had clicked over to 5 months! 5 months down, I pray the Lord will continue to hold our hearts in peace and trust in the place of waiting on His timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment