Monday, March 30, 2009

Court date!

Our first court date is May 8th! This is MUCH sooner than we expected and is an awesome surprise. If we pass, we will expect to have a second court date 6 weeks later - so middle of June. Lord willing we pass both of those on the first try, we will travel early July. Ooooh, I hope we sail through smoothly so that we can go see Levi as soon as possible!

I have to laugh b/c these "predictions" regarding timelines are held so loosely. I imagine that those in the adoption world completely understand and everyone else thinks we are crazy and don't know what we are talking about. The question people are always asking me around town is how things are going and when will we get to go get Levi. Well, I remember back in the day when we first got started with Holt and it was expected to be November. . . then December. . . then early spring . . . now July. This is not the agency's fault. It is partly just the nature of adoption and partly because we chose to jump into a new program where things were not quite set in stone yet.

So at the risk of looking crazy again, we offer yet another prediction for a timeline. Hold it loosely...we may be back with a new one any day!

No comments: