The latest is that it looks like their were no referrals in February so we continue to wait at #5. Lots of families travelled in February to bring kiddos home though and in that I rejoice!
It is very possible that this month could be it as far as getting a call with our referral, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was April. A referral, to explain again, is where we will be matched with a child. Boy or girl, we don't know yet! After that we will get updates monthly on the child as we await a court date in Ethiopia where the child will legally become a Merrihew. Oh, happy day! I am in tears just thinking about it!
Last week we updated our fingerprints at the State Patrol and sent in our background check requests. Craig had his physical and medical forms completed this week. I get my turn soon - yipee :) Doing all this paperwork again made me very thankful to be done with the bulk of paperchasing and already 7 months into our wait. There ARE many things to be thankful for!
This picture is a teaser for my next post...unless I get a phone call this afternoon, of course! Can anyone guess what in this picture is the newest addition to our family is? It is something I am very excited about and can't wait to tell you - later :)
No comments:
Post a Comment