Pharmacists are friendly and helpful folks (wink wink!)
While in Omaha this Saturday we scheduled a visit with a friendly pharmacist at Kohll's Pharmacy. They did a fabulous job for us at their travel vaccination clinic. In a total of 5 shots we are now immunized against 8 different maladies. I feel invincible...and sore. For those of you interested in the process these are the immunizations we ended up getting for travel to Addis Ababa this summer:
For those of you also in process, note that these immunizations were surprisingly costly. For our particular insurance we received a discount, but not complete coverage. The total bill came to a little over a thousand dollars...and we still have to get the kiddos Hep A immunized and complete our own Hep A shots in 6 months. Please understand, I'm not complaining. Just wanted to help others be more informed than we were :) We are pretty unseasoned when it comes to international travel. Well, to be honest we have NO idea what we are doing and the Lord has been gracious to help us as we stumble (gracefully so far) along the way :) This was one of those "unexpected-so thankful I ran across somebody who told me that I needed to do this early-whoa we didn't expect that expense-laughing hilariously that the Lord has provided" kind of steps along the way. God is so good. Even when I have to get poked 5 times.
While in Omaha this Saturday we scheduled a visit with a friendly pharmacist at Kohll's Pharmacy. They did a fabulous job for us at their travel vaccination clinic. In a total of 5 shots we are now immunized against 8 different maladies. I feel invincible...and sore. For those of you interested in the process these are the immunizations we ended up getting for travel to Addis Ababa this summer:
- Tdap booster (diptheria, tetanus, acelellular pertussis)
- Hep A (this one is 1ml, yes, 1ml of injection all by itself - Yeow!)
- Meningitis
- Yellow fever
- Typhoid (This is currently sitting in our fridge. I find that hilarious. This one and yellow fever are live virus vaccines and preferably should be separated by a month or so.)
- Polio (who knew we needed a booster?!)
For those of you also in process, note that these immunizations were surprisingly costly. For our particular insurance we received a discount, but not complete coverage. The total bill came to a little over a thousand dollars...and we still have to get the kiddos Hep A immunized and complete our own Hep A shots in 6 months. Please understand, I'm not complaining. Just wanted to help others be more informed than we were :) We are pretty unseasoned when it comes to international travel. Well, to be honest we have NO idea what we are doing and the Lord has been gracious to help us as we stumble (gracefully so far) along the way :) This was one of those "unexpected-so thankful I ran across somebody who told me that I needed to do this early-whoa we didn't expect that expense-laughing hilariously that the Lord has provided" kind of steps along the way. God is so good. Even when I have to get poked 5 times.
2 comments:
'Twas very kind of Craig to let you take such goofy pictures and then POST them for anybody and everybody to see. ;o)
We praise the Lord with you for His provision to you, both in shots that will keep you from getting sick AND in funding the non-sick shots.
Michelle
Might as well have some fun with it, eh?
Post a Comment