"How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak."
"I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye."
"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind."
Though I've not been blogging much, my mind has been chewing on much. Big stuff that I don't feel I ever have quite the time to wrestle through because I can't just ask my two toddlers to wait a few days so mommy can think. So, I continue pleading for understanding and wisdom in discerning my thoughts and emotions and the Lord is being gracious to give me little insights along the way. "As a father shows compassion to His children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear Him." Ps 103:13
What has made such a difference since the Lord has unveiled to us the face of this little boy? I have had times of being overwhelmed with joy at the gift of this little one. There are times of being overwhelmed with sadness as I contemplate that it is our sin that has made a world where a momma and daddy can't raise their little baby boy. There are numerous reasons for why a child might become an orphan and no matter what the reason is, it is not because all is well at home. All is not well at home because of our sin...yes OUR sin. Death, poverty, drought, sickness, hunger, violence, etc. were non-existent before the fall of man. I praise God for his grace in redeeming not only my family, but also restoring a family to this little one. All this on my mind as I continue to hear our President making decision after decision which will result in the loss of life for so many more babies, not to mention the harm done to a woman's soul after she is herded through the industry that is abortion. Please don't close your eyes and ears to what will be happening in the coming years to mommas and babies.
Hmm...I will step off my soapbox for now :) I marvel at how the Lord is knitting our hearts to this little one whom we have never met. It has been much more painful than I ever expected, and we've barely just begun! I honestly feel I am grieving with him at this time and I so await the day when I can see for myself joy in his eyes when he grants his new momma that first smile. It will be then that I will rejoice much more deeply. I am daily, no hour by hour, thankful for this adoption. Thankful for this waiting that makes the "end" that much sweeter. So we continue to wait as the Lord works for our cause in the courts of Ethiopia! Man, I wouldn't trade this journey for anything in the world!
1 comment:
Thanks for the memories from Jack Handey! My late brother loved them and it made me smile to think of him!
I'm so glad for your family to be so blessed to be picked for this little guy. I pray God abundantly provides and blesses you all!
Post a Comment