Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday

We continue to chip away at our list of to-do's before travel. 5 more days until we hop on that plane! Yesterday I did laundry and worked on picking out clothes for the trip. I realize it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but I still have lots of questions. I don't want to be inappropriate (style) or uncomfortable (weather) so I have a medium size pile of prospects that will hopefully be wittled down to only what is necessary. We look forward to a conference call with Holt and the other traveling families late this afternoon. Craig and I have a short list of questions on various things and I will surely ask about clothing recommendations. The biggest question I have is whether jeans really are appropriate. I see people wearing them in pictures, but if you look at recommendations elsewhere jeans are not included and it says that most women in Ethiopia wear skirts...and is calf length appropriate or do they need to be ankle length? Hopefully this topic will be more clear after today. The weather in Addis yesterday was hot and humid (80's but felt like upper 90's) but the end of next week is expected to be cool (70's) and rainy. This morning in Nebraska is sunny and beautiful. The ducks at the park are calling our names!

1 comment:

kristin said...

Wow.. I cant beleive this is happening.... it is actually time! YAY for you guys!!!