Monday, June 8, 2009

Last things

I finally feel as though we are winding down a bit. I had no idea the last few weeks would be so incredibly busy! I am hoping for a full night's sleep tonight and tomorrow to catch up a bit before we head into mega-sleep deprivation mode :) We will be finishing up our carry-ons tonight and double checking a few things. The lawn has been mowed the final time, I have grocery shopped and planned for when we get home, we have organized paperwork, vaccuum packed (well, sort of), done laundry, chosen clothes, and said many prayers for the Lord to help us on our trip.

I wish I had more time to think and to blog. Hopefully there will be lots of hotel/down time near the end of next week where I can get some of my thoughts journaled. I feel as if I have been in "DO" mode for a long three weeks or so and would love some time to be in prayer and meditation on what the Lord is showing us in this next incredible week. We get to meet our son, and possibly his birth family. Whoa. That is more than my mind can wrap around right now. I am still praying fervently that they will agree and be available to meet us, but we won't know until we actually get to Durame whether they will have come. Crazy as I am, I am looking forward to 30 hours of travel where I am confined to a seat and can't get up and do much at all. Remind me of that in, oh, about a day and a half :)

No comments: