It has already begun. We just received a call from a friend who owns a local grocery store offering to hold a fundraiser for us! They occasionally sell hamburgers and pop for a few hours out in front of their store to bring people in the door and have offered to donate all the proceeds of one of the lunches to us for the adoption! I, again, wish that there was more i could offer these amazing friends other than a simple thank you. They will be having the lunch on May 17th. I'm sure we will be there helping out and I will probably be crying all over everyone's burgers b/c I am already overwhelmed with their generosity (hee hee!). The challenge is on now to get a family picture. I will need to make some kind of sign to have up at the grocery store and at the garage sale. It is stinkin hard to get a good pic of both of the kids when they are together. I will have to find someone who is very patient to come and take a bunch in hopes of having one where we are all looking at the camera and smiling :) My group of girl friends from high school who now live in Lincoln are also gathering together stuff for our garage sale (You girls are GREAT!) and a friend is bringing stuff over tomorrow for the sale. Yay! We have an official adoption notebook that has been uber helpful so far to keep track of paperwork. We also went and applied for passports today. AAAUUGGHH!!! flying to Africa...scary, but I can't wait!!!
1 comment:
COOL!!!
Post a Comment