Monday, October 20, 2008

Thankful

One thing that I am thankful for in this whole process is that the Lord has enlarged my view of the world by so much even up to now. I can't say for sure that we will end up with an Ethiopian child as we have planned. "The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord established His steps." (Pr 16:9) I do know that the Lord is in control of all details, "For from Him and through Him and to Him are ALL things..." (Romans 11:36) and that even if this process would come to a halt for an unforseen cause I know that this time was not wasted. It seems I have crossed an invisible bridge that can't be uncrossed. I have seen the helplessness of the eyes of the fatherless and have seen via the blogworld the bodies of little children ravaged by malnutrition just this week. I think I knew they were there, but who wants to really see the sadness and death? I used to look away. They plead for hope which requires sacrifice on our parts. Will we sacrifice our wants so that we forgo buying a "luxury" such as starbucks so that a child can eat. Will we sacrifice our time that we might offer encouragement and prayer for those that are suffering. Can I save the world? no. Can Christ? Yes. I see the picture of my Savior becoming even a bit more in focus "For now we see Him in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." (1 Cor 1312-13) My relationship with the Lord is becoming ever sweeter as I see His greatness and how He is working on a much grander scale than I used to entertain my mind with. Let us not forget those suffering and even if we have no material goods to give, let us not forget to lift the suffering up in prayer...for Christ has died that our prayers might be heard and answered.

No comments: