Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Waiting, but not waiting

...today I got to learn about moderating comments! I have changed the setting so that I have the power to remove or keep comments as I had someone comment on something I 1.)don't have the time for and 2.) has nothing to do with this blog. That is why this post is a little different than last time you saw it.

The waiting continues on the adoption homefront. Truly the kiddos keep me so busy that the days are flying by. The pictures above are from the last month or so. The handsome little redhead is my nephew in Omaha, Kai. I suppose now would be a good time to start putting together a little photo album that will be sent to our new little one as soon as we are matched with him or her. It is almost guaranteed that by now he or she will have been born. Lord, please care for our little one tonight. Some things I have learned recently is that at the Holt Care Center in Ethiopia they feed the babies from little silver cups, not from bottles. I think it is b/c they are easier to clean and sanitize? Just something to prepare for when we go to pick him or her up as far as feeding once we have them with us...Ahhh that will be so amazing! Also, I think that the care center workers give the adoptive parents a special book with more detailed family history (if available) and pictures from the time the child spent in the care center. This would especially be a blessing as our child grows older and will begin to try to understand their history more. I was really excited to find that there are two Sovereign Grace churches in Addis Ababa. Sovereign Grace is a ministry in the U.S. headed by C.J. Mahaney and others whose teaching (books, online) has taught me much about the gospel and its continuing importance in my life. Anyway, I soooo hope we are able to make it to one of the churches and worship with the Ethiopian people. What an amazing bond it is to be able to share fellowship in Christ and worship alongside a completely different culture. Aside from, you know, meeting our new baby, this will come in a distant, but very high second :) In case you are interested, Sovereign Grace is highlighting the Addis Ababa churches in a special missions video this week. I am eagerly anticipating it and will try to post a link to it when it is available.

No comments: