On the adoption homefront it has been a lot of ups, downs, and just plain nothingness these days. Ups in that we have already completed four months of our wait with this month expected to fly by due to all the Christmas activities. Nothingness in that things are not moving along much and I long to know something new...but alas there is nothing new to know. Downs as I read a recent article on trans-racial adoption that was more discouraging than anything. It is again a challenge to live my faith out in a fallen world. Where the wisdom of the culture is NOT the wisdom of the Lord. Where people would truly argue that leaving any ethnicity (except white) of children parentless would be preferable to having a white family to adopt them. Ugh. Am I ready to eventually see the faces of opposition first hand (which is pretty much inevitable) and to be able to confront them graciously in front of my children. I will begin praying that His grace will be sufficient for me to show love and mercy if openly attacked for our choice to follow God's will for our lives. The article was good in that I didn't realize the hostility of some people towards trans-racial adoption. One woman's story included recieving a death threat. Not likely in McCook, mind you, but our family will not be sheltered in McCook forever. Also our wait for a referral has been extended to 6-9 months with 3 months added on to that for our court date in Addis, Ababa. Then we travel. Though in my own wisdom I wouldn't choose it, I trust the Lord's timing. We have been teaching Juliana that God always answers prayer. It is either yes, no, or wait. Right now His answer is to wait and in that I rest. Oh, but I am excited for that day the phone rings!
1 comment:
You have incredible patience! I will continue to pray for you and your family! On a side note, could I get your address? I would like to send you a Christmas card! Many blessings to you all! You can just post it on my blog, your comment will not show up until I approve it, so I will not post it! Thanks!
Kati
Post a Comment