Thursday, May 7, 2009

Prayer Thursday

It is hard to describe how I feel today. Excited - definitely. Thankful - immeasurably. Afraid - I confess, a tad bit. Eager for tomorrow to come - AAAAAAHHHHHH YES!

It all seems a bit unreal. Tonight, while we sleep, a new little boy could be joining our family. We could go to sleep with 2 kids and wake up with 3 - How crazy is that! I will sleep soundly tonight knowing that just as I see the Lord working in my own life, I can know that He will be working His sovereign will out in the courts of Ethiopia. I know my God is good in ALL that He does and if we have to wait out another court date it will not be in vain, but will serve for the purpose of the gospel to be advanced. Lord, help me to be faithful to hold you as my ultimate treasure whatever the outcome.

Please join me in praying for news of a new son tomorrow. Also, please pray for improved communication with Holt workers in Ethiopia. This week and last there have been times when Holt staff in Oregon could not reach staff in Addis and news of court outcomes have been delayed several days. This is out of the ordinary, but as far as I know one family had a court date last night and must wait until tomorrow for Holt to try connecting again. I'm not sure what the cause is, but have not heard that it is affecting the children in any way...just their soon-to-be parents that are WEARY of waiting!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for praying with us! This is the way the Lord designed the body of Christ to work...bearing one another's burdens AND rejoicing with one another. I hope that we are all REJOICING with WHOOPS and HOLLERS tomorrow!!!

No comments: