Monday, May 25, 2009

Two weeks

Two weeks left to get this show on the road! We are busy, busy, busy with travel preparation. Right now our priority is to get tickets bought. Not getting a phone call returned Friday and the holiday today has slowed us down a bit in getting our tickets. We are waiting to hopefully talk with a travel agent tomorrow morning. We might end up just buying our tickets direct from NWA. I also emailed a tour guide in Addis a day or so ago because we are interested in going a few days early so that we can get out of the city. This was HIGHLY recommended by an adoptive family we met at the Holt benefit auction. I'll tell you more about it when we get things nailed down.

A kind friend who is well versed in international travel is coming over tomorrow afternoon to help me with packing. Yes, I know that we still have two weeks left, but I know NOTHING and need MUCH help :) I plan on posting a detailed packing list at some point in case anyone is interested in what we are taking...I will probably do it after we get home so that I can tell you if what we took was useful or not and if I forgot something completely necessary.

I will call the clinic tomorrow to line up some anti-malarial meds for Craig and I. Initially we had planned not to leave the city, however, it looks like now we will be taking a trip to Durame, the "intake" center for kids, which is in a rural area. I am soooo excited to have this opportunity! It is the place where Levi has spent most of his time and I am glad that I will be able to tell him about it from seeing it firsthand.

I'm making the kids some special t-shirts to wear when they meet us at the airport. I figured out how NOT to do it today. I need to pick Evan up another shirt (oops!). I feel pretty confident that I will be more successful next time, so look forward to pics of that in the week to come.

This is so not even close to the extent of our list...oh, this is soooo FUN!

No comments: