Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Another Victory!


Our prayers availed much today as I was quite pleased to be on hold on the phone for 15 minutes waiting for an IRS representative to field my call! Yay! I was able to confirm that our request for copies of our tax form had been recieved. Yay! Now I can wait with much more piece of mind knowing that they at least have our request in hand. As you can see from the above picture, the kids have been totally stressing about it - Ha! Today I am also trying to contact our social worker to talk with her a bit about special needs. Our family profile form asks if we are open at all to accepting a child with special needs. In the adoption world I have learned that special needs can mean an enormous range of things from severe medical disabilities to simply being born premature. We feel for our (Lord willing) first adoption that an inter-racial adoption is quite a bit to take on (though we are more than glad to do it!) and at this time we would not choose to take on special needs as well . . . though it may be something the Lord has for us later. Both Craig and I feel that we would be willing to take a preemie baby or mild medical needs, knowing that you are never REALLY assured that any child will be healthy. All that to say I'm not sure how to answer the special needs question, b/c really it depends what the special need is. Deb to the rescue! I am just waiting for a call back : )

No comments: