Tuesday, July 1, 2008

...your call cannot be answered at this time


It seems so far that there is no such thing as "getting aggressive" with the IRS. We have yet to find a way to contact a live person. There are about four IRS offices across Nebraska, however, when I called the number listed for each one, they all said that there were no telephone services offered at this particular office. . . I wonder why they even have a phone number then! There is an 800 number, but it continues to tell me that due to the high number of calls my call can not be answered at this time. I will continue to try, but I am not to hopeful that I will ever get through to anyone. Maybe it will come in the mail soon : ) In the meantime we will stick our family representative, Juliana, on this seemingly impossible task. Believe me, she is pretty persuasive and may just be able to sweet talk those computers!

We also recently sent 0ut support letters to family and friends. We figured out that we have raised $16,000 of the needed $24,000 so far, which is pretty amazing to me when I think about it. If we have not raised the last $8,000 after hearing back from the letters we do have some other options before we would pursue a loan. If you are reading this and you didn't get a support letter and would like one please let me know and I would be more than happy to send one your way :) What an amazing thing it will be when all is said and done to look back and see how the Lord has provided $24,000 in a very short time to a family who lives on a pretty tight budget. I pray that this is an encouragement to all of you that we are called to trust and obey what we feel the Lord has for us...even if it is a crazy thing like travelling to Africa to pick up a baby! He is so faithful to provide the means to get us through as we seek to live by the cross.

No comments: