We got a notice that our second round of classes from Holt will be held in mid-September. I look forward to possibly seeing the same families that we went through the first set of classes with. It would be fun to see them again though we really barely know them :) Still waiting on the tax form and are not quite sure what to do if it doesn't come very soon...hmmm. As I say every day, maybe it will be here tomorrow :) Our check for the copies ($39!) was cashed in early June and they confirmed that they recieved our request. I guess that our little ethiopian baby just isn't ready for us yet and in the Lord's time all of our paperwork will be DONE! Oh happy day when it arrives!
Life has seemed pretty usual without the daily buzz of adoption happenings. We have had fun lately as you can see in the pictures. The first was our attempt at feeding the ducks. We actually did try to get out of the van to feed them, but i got a little freaked out when the 100 or so ducks started migrating towards us...and there were also the big ugly grumpy ducks in the mix. i don't mess with ducks that are as big as I am! We were much happier just throwing our bread out the van window, Ha! The second pic is from an evening dubbed "Mom Prom 2008". It was Andrea's birthday (she is in the teal and white gown) and one of her gifts was the vintage evening gown she is wearing, so we had to dress to acompany her to dinner of course! I haven't laughed that hard in sooooo long :) It is funny to think that there are 23 kids represented by the mommas in the picture, with 3 more on the way. The other pics are pretty self-explanatory. Evan is pretty steady on his feet these days. He was showing off his spinning skillz to us this evening. I am battling him with this TERRIBLE screech he has developed which he uses when things do not go his way. Funny how as adults we learn to hide our "terrible screeches" and turn them into much more "respectable" sins like quiet discontent and impatience. These kids are such little mirrors of my heart! I think it would be better for us to stick to the terrible screeches so that we would not fool ourselves into thinking we are doing well with the Lord. Evan is getting some molars and has had a rough few days. Juliana and I had a memorable conversation this morning in the kitchen. It went a little like this:
Juliana: I'm gonna bon you!
Me: (stifling laughter) Did you say that your gonna bon me?
Juliana: (very seriously) Yeah, I'm gonna bon you. Well, I'm not gonna bon you because your my momma.
Me: What does bon mean?
Juliana: I dunno. (on her way running into the living room) It means you run, run, run, really fast like this and tackle.
1 comment:
Erin I just read this about the ducks and have to tell you that I was laughing out loud. I can picture this so well. You captured it and there have been many like you that are frightened by the ducks. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment