Waiting for this last piece of paperwork for the dossier has proven to be a mirror into my soul. How easy it is to talk of trusting in the Lord's timing and to say the Lord is good and how quickly my sinful heart begins to doubt and become angry when things do not follow my desires. My lack of blogging has been one way of coping with my frustration/sin as I have put all about adoption out of my mind. That way I am not so disappointed when day by day the mail proves that we are to continue to wait. Today I will begin battling that unbelief of impatience so that I will again hope in the Lord and REJOICE in the waiting place He has us in. We are not at the mercy of the IRS, for the Lord is sovereign over the IRS! I have sought some wise counsel from one of my favorite theologians John Piper:
"Impatience is a form of unbelief. It's what we begin to feel when we start to doubt the wisdom of God's timing or the goodness of his guidance. It springs up in our hearts when the road to success gets muddy or strewn with boulders or blocked by some fallen tree. The battle with impatience can be a little skirmish over a long wait in a checkout lane. Or it can be a major combat over a handicap or disease or circumstance that knocks out half your dreams.
The opposite of impatience is not a glib, superficial denial of frustration. The opposite of impatience is a deepening, ripening, peaceful willingness either to wait for God where you are in the place of obedience, or to persevere at the pace he allows on the road of obedience—to wait in his place, or to go at his pace." John Piper (Battling the unbelief of impatience)
On a lighter note, during a bedtime conversation last night Juliana decided completely out of the blue that she would like a boy from Ethiopia to cuddle with. This is a BIG change! Sorry again for the lack of posts. Please stay tuned to the blog, I will begin to post regularly again...promise!
変態熟女倶楽部鳥取近所出逢いGPS|アナルプレー
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment