I wanted to purpose right now to not skip this part of my next child's life. There is much I don't know about him or her (like whether this child is a him or a her Ha!) but there is much I DO know and even now can be rejoicing in.
"You are the Lord, You alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them, and you preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships you" (Neh 9:6)
"Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!" (Ps 95:6)
"For you formed my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." (Ps 139:13-16)
God describes His people (those that trust an obey Him) as " everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." (Isa 43:7)
"In His hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind." ( Job 12:10)
The pictures above are Juliana (1st, 3rd) and Evan (2nd, 4th) shortly after they were born. I remember when I first held each of them being blown away, truly speechless, at the wonder of God's creation as I was merely a bystander as these babies were being wonderfully knit together inside my tummy. I wonder if I will have that same sense of wonder again when I first meet our new baby? It is easy, as I often catch myself doing, to dwell on the unknowns, however, we are called to dwell on what is true...I DO know that this child is precious in the sight of the Lord as he or she has been imagined and created by the Lord himself. This little one is made in the image of God and is created to find his or her satisfaction in a relationship with his or her creator - for this is where the glory of God is shown to the world. God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him (quote from John Piper). Let us have a right response to the wonder of creation! Lord please give us worshipful hearts as we see your sovereignty, power, and kindness in the gift of new life.
1 comment:
This is sweet Erin. I like to watch the Lord prepare your heart in this good work. Thanks for being open and documenting the journey as I learn more about Him through it. :o)
Post a Comment