Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just another week at the Merrihews


Evan galloping around the house in his favorite Cowboy get-up. Watch out all you cheerio rustlers, this sheriff has no mercy.



I had recently been reminded that there is a beauty college in town where haircuts are super cheap. I also found out that two people I know are enrolled...I feel a little bit safer if I know who it is that is cutting my hair. So Juliana and I headed out to get our hair cut. Mine is chopped short again but I have yet to get a picture to post. To her delight, Juliana thought that the white paper the hairstylist put around her neck (to keep her neck clean) looked much like cinderella's necklace. The hairstylist was kind enough to give her a clean one when she was all done and she wore it the rest of the afternoon :)


The kids and I got to go to my niece Kari's swim meet here in town last week. Juliana is sitting on Kari's lap watching a race. I'm not sure where she finished in her races, but I really enjoyed having the chance to watch and cheer for her. Her sister Danielle is the student manager so we had a short time to visit with her too. It was great to visit with my sister and her husband and the kids had fun getting splashed as the swimmers raced by!


Here is Evan's "I heard what you said and am going to get as close to disobeying as I can are you going to do something about it" look after I reminded him not to eat the play-doh. Those dimples are a blessing and a curse all in one!



BUSTED!


In other news, on a blog I have been following of a prospective adoptive familyI noticed that they are getting sooo close to their referral from Ethiopia. They are number 5 on their list and should be hearing from their agency soon. Oh man, I am so excited for them! I have been following them since we began b/c they were just a short jaunt ahead of us in the process. It is an encouragement to my heart this week as I also look to see that we are inching ever so close to that 6 month mark. We have not heard of any referrals yet this month. I wouldn't expect a referral this month, but it could sure move us close if they were to give a good number of them out. The Lord continues to hold us in the place of simply pursuing Him right now . . . it is just grace upon grace that He is working out the details to bring us a new baby!

No comments: