As for the body glitter, Juliana and I had a great conversation about how God's idea of beauty is much different than the world's. I am fascinated lately at how the Lord so obviously writes it on the hearts of girls that they want to be beautiful, they want to be fought for and rescued. The burden, then, is on us to direct them to the Jesus Christ to show them what true love and beauty are. Christ is sufficient and the only one who can satisfy our hearts in this way. We had a great discussion of the verse, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news" Romans 10:16. In her 3-year old logic, she probably thinks that God thinks her feet are pretty, but at least she now knows they don't need glitter on them for God to think she is beautiful.
The past few weeks Evan has really started talking. He points to things around the house just so that he can tell us what they are like light, blocks, truck, books, snow, etc. Elmo is his most favorite word and he said rain and rainbow for the first time today. He gets very excited when we know what he is talking about :) Training toddlers often makes a momma weary, but this week I have begun to see some fruit! Juliana and Evan have been playing so well together lately. Though I used to be the most vocal proponent for "We're kids, fighting is our job!" excuse I don't buy it anymore. It is so encouraging to see them thinking of the other and cheering one another on. Praise God for his grace which is able to cover over my mistakes as their momma - and believe me I make them.
We had a visit from Grandma Cheryl this week and made a new friend who just moved to town. We also heard from our agency that after we recieve our referral the wait time until we travel has been extended. I am tempted to become discouraged. The foundation of the world keeps moving on us, so I return again to the rock of my salvation that will never be moved.
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is God's will for us in Christ Jesus" 1 Thess 5:16-18.
Thank you, Lord that I need not rely on the workings of man in anything. "You are watching to see that your word is fulfilled." Jeremiah 1:12 The boundary lines you have set for my life fall in pleasant places. I rejoice that in a great rescue, because of that true love that is yearned for in this world, my Savior fought for me and saved me. Sinners are made beautiful in the shadow of the cross. Haven't you been so good to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment