Thursday, January 29, 2009

The lighter side

He speaks! Evan is talking up a storm, though we are not always sure what is being said :) Here are some of the highlights:

  • If there is a "k" sound in the word then Evan makes the hardest "k" sound you can imagine! instead of just a simple "kuh" it is more like "kckkchk" at about 10 decibles louder than the rest of the word. I wish I could figure out how to describe it better...it's like saying "sock" and emphasizing the k as hard as you can for a little longer than you should, with lots of drool mixed in. Did you try it? Perfect!
  • socK = yock though he can make the "s" sound it is nowhere to be found at the beginnings of words yet.
  • choK meyoke = chocolate milk. Don't forget the hard "k". This is his absolute favorite drink next to fruit smoothies. He used to drink an entire sippy cup of it without taking a breath through his mouth.
  • shoos = shoes
  • Jooos = juice, omeea = oatmeal
  • jain = train, jucK = truck
  • bahbal = bible Yeh = Yes He does a great job getting these in when we sing Jesus loves me.
  • He has started singing songs with us. Some of our favorites are "Little Buckaroo", "Skinny Marinkey-Dinky-Dink", "Jesus loves me", "He's got the whole world in His hands" with an added verse about our family, and "ABC's". It is only a few words that he catches, but there is just something so sweet about when a child starts to sing.
  • I'll have to add to the list as I run into words today :)

Juliana has cracked us up lately with a few doozies

  • She was praying in her room by herself the other afternoon and I listened in over her monitor. I heard her petitioning the Lord for various things, praising Him for various things all ending with "thank you Father Holy Name One Father" and multiple variations thereof such as "Holy Father Name Holy Name". I do think the Lord was pleased with the reverence of a 3 year old :)
  • This one takes the cake! I was loading the kids back into the van last night after finishing our shopping at the locally owned grocery store here in town. We have only two choices for food shopping: Wallyworld and an awesome locally owned grocery store. On this particular trip we were refilling our drinking water jugs and buying a few other things. For some background, when you go into Wallyworld, the greeter makes sure you have those goofy smiley face stickers on your water jugs so that you don't get charged for a new one. Anyway, after Juliana had hopped back into the van she said, "Hey Mama, at this store they don't have a man at the door who puts stickers on your jugs." I was laughing so hard in the middle of the parking lot, thanking the Lord that she didn't alert me to this fact while we were in the store as she tends to talk in more decibels than necessary to reach her hearing audience. I confirmed her observations with a simple, "Nope Juliana, there is no man who puts stickers on my jugs at this store."

1 comment:

Amy said...

That last story about Julianna is hilarious!!!! I will definitely think of it next time I enter Wal-Mart!