We continue to knock down this wait, pressing on day by day. In true Nebraska fashion we had a few wonderfully warm days last week where we were able to take a few spins around the block. For those of you not familiar with Nebraska, it is not uncommon for it to be 60 one day and then snow the next...see here. It felt like spring, but, alas it is still January and temperatures returned quickly to normal. We've not heard any news from our agency and are hoping for referrals this month. The Lord never sleeps nor slumbers, therefore, I have confidence that He is at work readying us for this new baby. I am again at a point where I am avoiding all things adoption. I think it is a protection mechanism. The more I think about it, the more I long for this child. Not a completely bad thing, mind you. The fact that the Lord has placed this child on our hearts for quite some time now will go a long way in getting us through any tough days of transition with the child that we might have once we bring them home, Lord willing. And I think it wise of us to expect that the challenges do not end when the adoption is finalized. So, I do feel that I need to battle to remain in adoption "mode" all the while first seeking my Lord in it as He is the only permanent circumstance I have in my life. My husband and children are not promised to me...my health and money are not promised to me...but I rejoice because my God has promised that will never leave me!
"'For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion on you." Isaiah 53:10
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me." Gal 2:20
No comments:
Post a Comment