Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Keep your eye on the ticker!

Just wanted to draw your attention to the little "whatever-you-call-it" on the the right side of the blog. Notice that we are only one day away from the 6 months of waiting point! Yay! I couldn't even wait until tomorrow to blog about it b/c I am so excited in anticipation of seeing "6 months" written up there - Happy day!

What in the world is going on in the adoption, you ask? Well, much is going on. Not much of which we can see. We have been told as of December to expect our referral (matching with a baby) to happen between 6 and 9 months of waiting. So here we are (for the third time) right at the edge of the window to expect a phone call. We will know a lot more when we hear if there were any referrals given this month. The last we knew we were 15th on the list (i think) and they have given out 3 referrals in all of nov. and dec. We have good reason then, to think we might hear something next month. I pray that there will not be any more extensions, but that it will be soon that we see our new little one. Once we get matched with a child, the activity will pick up again as we will be able to send a limited number of things to the baby, we will start to think about immunizations, re-checking paperwork, start planning for travel, and just celebrating in a much more specific way. I have that day that we get the call about our baby imagined in my mind. It goes a little like this: We get the call, Craig comes home from work for a few minutes if he can, we get to see a picture of our baby, there will be lots of tears, then I proceed to print a picture out and drive it around to everyone I know in McCook (yes, even the bread store ladies will get to hear our exciting news) to share with them our new little one and to boast in the Lord's kindness to us. Then I will come home and call everyone that does not live in McCook. Yes, it will be a busy day.

No comments: