Friday, February 13, 2009

#5

We found out that officially we are #5 on the list today. Yay! That is so very close!

I attended the open house at our agency in Omaha yesterday with the kids. It was a looong drive in the morning, but we are enjoying a visit with my sister and her family :) I was able to talk with several families there and found out about a fundraiser that Holt will be holding in Omaha which will be benefitting the Ethiopia care center specifically. One of the social workers asked if I was crafty and would be able to make something to be sold at the silent auction. My wheels have been turning as I am trying to come up with ideas for a painting or two. That is about the only talent I could muster enough time for in the next month that might be auction-worthy.

A summary of our trip so far is as follows:
  • found some awesome deals on clothes at a local thrift store - my fave!
  • learned to play Settlers of Catan - super fun!
  • got lots of snow and had a blast playing in it with the kids today - pics to come.

No comments: