Sunday, February 15, 2009

Getting excited


Now I am getting excited. To officially know where we are at on the list has been so fun! It has been very sweet to watch Craig lately. He is sooooo excited to be a daddy again, or shall I say an ah-by-ay (dad in Amharic). While I was gone with the kids to Omaha Craig found a bunch of Amharic phrases with which he surprised us at the door. So far we have learned mom, dad, sister, brother, and I love you. He looked at me the other day out of the blue and said "You're about to become the mama of a little Ethiopian baby" and it made my heart crazy happy. What a sweet time this is of expectation! I will be most happy when we get that phone call to know who it is the Lord has for us, but to be completely honest this place of expectation is a place that I am delighting in. One of my reasons for going to Omaha was to bring back a mattress for Juliana so that she could have a "big girl" bed. We moved the toddler bed into Evan's room just this afternoon and he is napping on it as we speak. Now we have an empty crib just waiting. Ooooh! We are so ready for this little one!

No comments: