Saturday, February 21, 2009

I spy

We were out and about around town when I leaned close to Craig and said, "I think that little girl over there is from Ethiopia!" And she most certainly was! We ran into the family that lives in a neighboring town who has adopted two kiddos from Ethiopia, a boy and a girl around ages 6 and 7. It was such a struggle not to stare and even harder not to run over and hug them! I went over to the mom and introduced myself and we ended up having a very fun conversation. I was able to visit a bit with a few of the little girls in the family of 6. I don't think the Ethiopian kids have been home quite 6 months now. I asked her what she thought of the plane ride and she smiled and said it was fun but she didn't like the lunch. Her sister had a great time telling me that she herself was from southwestern China and that her new Ethiopian sister didn't use to like pizza, but now she does. What a fun surprise this has been! Just another glimpse at how the Lord is soveriegnly working behind the scenes. I so look forward to getting to know this family better in the future :)

No comments: