Wednesday, February 25, 2009

8 weeks

...to another mega-crazy garage sale! It just occurred to us that it is already almost March and we had been imagining another garage sale in May. That is only 8 weeks folks. If you missed out on garage sale fun last summer you can read all about it here.

We have about $1500 left to go to have all the funds we need to travel. Travel will run us about $7000 for plane tickets and hotel. We're not sure what to estimate as far as food goes - I still have more digging to do for that but am under the impression that for the two of us it won't be astronomical. We are financially very close and in that I will rejoice :)

So, garage sale. All proceeds go to the adoption. If we raise over and above what is needed for the adoption it will go directly to the Holt care center to benefit the orphans in Ethiopia. Any and ALL donations are appreciated. You would not believe the things that people are willing to fork their hard earned money for! We are willing to do all the work to get rid of your unwanted/unused stuff. We'll haul it, we'll sort it, we'll clean it, we'll price it. Now, don't count yourself out of the fun if you don't live in McCook. I may be heading to Omaha in March so I could pick up a load anywhere along the way. Donations are welcome anytime from now until May.

Am I ready for this again?

I truly am overwhelmed when I think about how much work it was, but am also excited as I remember being in tears so many times over how the Lord showed himself to be kind and my "enough" through the whole thing...while also giving me some laughs amidst the chaos!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Erin-

We have some stuff we have been storing for the next garage sale or goodwill that you are more than welcome to have. Let me know when you are coming through Lincoln! =)