Monday, February 16, 2009

books and buttercream

Story hour at the local library is one of Juliana's favorites. I took a picture last week b/c it was the first time Evan went picked out a seat on the rug and sat for any length of time to listen to the story. He usually is be-bopping around in my lap. Hmmmm....maybe this is one of the reasons I have been wanting a little one at home again - I had an empty lap! You can find Evan in the gray shirt in the front row :) Juliana is in a blue shirt in the back next to the girl in a pink shirt.

I learned to decorate cupcakes at a workshop at one of the local churches. We got to practice with all the decorating tips and then got to work on our cupcakes. I was having so much fun practicing and dreaming of all the fun I would have decorating cakes when I remembered that I hate frosting - espcially buttercream! Nevertheless, I have added decorating tips to my list of wants that is waiting patiently for the day that we have the adoption paid for :) My kids have no qualms about buttercream frosting as you can tell below.
He is seriously into that cupcake folks!
Yes, Evan is eating a cupcake very early in the morning, and yes, he ate his breakfast first :)



No comments: