Our brains are in recovery mode and thankful for another successful and completed garage sale fundraiser! The Lord blessed us with good weather two years in a row and a basement full of stuff has been reduced to about 10 boxes out in the corner of our garage awaiting delivery to the thrift store. Yay! The picture above is actually from day 2 of our sale after we had sold a good amount of stuff. All together the two garage sales provided almost $4000 to put towards the adoption. I would highly recommend this if you are looking for ways to raise money. It is a crazy amount of work for the entire month ahead of the actual sale, but definitely worth it. Several friends blessed us with yummy food and a cleaning of our house while we manned the sale! Thank you to those of you who helped us carry boxes from the basement, set up stuff on tables, take money, scrub our floors, clean up, and haul away trash. I am sooooo glad we are DONE!
Next on the list is packing for our trip to Ethiopia. I am hoping to hear of our travel dates this week. There have been at least two other families who have passed court and are waiting just like us to go get their little ones. Once we know the dates there will be a good amount of planning to do regarding where our kiddos will be while we are gone. Maybe this week I will post on some of the stuff we will be taking with us. Tomorrow morning I look forward to NO sorting or pricing of any items! Instead I think Juliana, Evan, and I will go feed the ducks at the park :)
3 comments:
Congrats! What a blessing, that is the most $ I have ever heard being made at a sale. God is amazing!
Congrats on your successful garage sale - good for you guys! I hope we can do something like this to raise some funds :) Thanks for the inspiration and I hope you had fun at the park!!
Just wanted to say congrats on your sale and also on a successful court date. Do you have a travel date yet?
We are awaiting our I171H approval to move along with our Ugandan adoption.
Where do you live in NE? My sister lives in Council Bluffs and we head down there occasionally. I would love to take my kids to the Omaha zoo again...it's been awhile.
Post a Comment